This page describes what and how are managed/used by Tecnopol.com cookies.
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a short text file that is store from computer, through a browser, when a user visits a web site. In this text are store informations that can be reread by the site in case of return of the user on the same website, in order to improve the experience of web surfing.
1.a What type of cookies are there?
There are two main type of cookies use in the web sites:
1) Technical cookies meant to be as cookie transmitted personally by the manager of the site for purposes strictly linked to the working operation of the site itself, which can be specified as follows:
• Session cookies: they are necessary to guarantee the normal fruition of the web site and relative services that allow, for example, to authenticate in restricted areas, to fill more easily forms at a further access, o to make purchases.
• Functional cookies, although not essential, improve the features of the site as they allow the user to make choices giving the opportunity to maintain some aspects of web surfing (for example the selection of the language, customize the size of the font, or store some preferred products in an e-commerce).
• Analytical (or statistical) cookies: they are considered “technical cookies” used directly by the manager of the site to give group informations in aggregate form, considering the number of users and how they visit the site.
2) Profiling cookies: as defined by the guarantor of privacy these cookies “are aimed to create profiles related to the user for sending advertising messages in line with the preferences given while surfing the net”.
The profiling cookies indicated by the Guarantor are:
• statistical operated by third parties;
• profiling advertising;
• social network.
The technical and profiling cookies according to their destination of use can be distinguished in:
• Cookies of first part or those directly sent from the site manager;
• Cookies of third part or those sent by other companies by visiting the site through specific codes, which have been included in order to complete the site with additional functions (for example widget of social networks as button for sharing articles).
2. What kind of cookies uses Tecnopol.com?
The cookies uses by this site are technical and of session, analytical and of profiling of third part.
2.1 First party Technical cookies
In the group of the analytical cookies, we find those of Google Analytics, used by the site manager for statistical purposes in order to know how many users visit the site, what they visit and how they use provided that anonymity is maintained.
2.2 First party Analytical cookies
Here following the most relevant to the user:
• Name:___utma___Function: Google Analytics: this cookie discerns users and sessions, help us to define the number of unique user of our site.
• Name:_____utmb____Function: this cookie allows to see how many new user visit the site, giving a reference on efficacy of methods for positioning on the web.
• Name:____utmc____Function: this cookie of Analytics is used to determine the average duration of individual sessions on our site.
• Name:____utmz____Function: this cookie allows to determine which are the ways most used by our users to identify / reach (for example: direct link, search engine).
3. How to disable cookies?
The site will keep track of the user’s consent through a special technical cookie, considered by the Guarantor of Privacy a tool “not particularly invasive”.
If you have already given your consent but you want to change the permissions for the cookies, you delete them through the browser. Shown below some links where you can find informations on how to disable or manage cookies in different browsers:
If you disable cookies, however, the operation of this site may be damaged.
For more information on the legislation on the cookies in Italy you may refer to the cookies User Guide for Italy.